Nowadays Galaxy S8/ 8 Plus users are getting the Android 8.0 on their device now thanks to Oreo beta program in the US, UK and Korea. But some couple of reason, we still don’t have a firmware available with us — even though, there is a cut that lets you get Android 8.0 manually on your S8 devices, if you want to upgrade, downgrade or Root your Galaxy S8/S8 plus device at that time you needs to Download The Galaxy S8/S8 plus stock Firmware.
Well, Once Samsung would release the Android 8.0 for the public sometime in December, Now they just Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Samsung Galaxy S8 to work and they have successfully invalidated the bugs reported in the beta program, and are sure that the Android Oreo OTA is ready for the public.
The Galaxy S8/S8 plus phone is trending and probably the best phone available in the market but still, but some of the users have reported that like Screen freezing, unresponsive Touch, camera fail or bootloop. So if you have faced this type of issue then you must be needing to installing stock firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus to solve an issue. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock firmware is now available in many regions. Here is the step by step guide on how to download and Install Stock Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
What’s Benefit to install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8?
- You can easy to downgrade your phone if you don’t like the new update.
- It will upgrade your phone.
- Go Back to Stock on your Galaxy S8 Plus — helps when looking to sell the device, or fix installing OTA updates if broken.
- Easy to solve and fix boot loop issues on Galaxy S8.
- And Easy To Restore Galaxy S8 Plus to factory state.
- Also for the rooted device to Unroot.
- Installing Stock Firmware will Unbrick Galaxy S8.
- It will help to Revert Galaxy S8 back to Stock or Factory state (Helpful if you are facing force close error or any other lags)
- This method is only for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Stock Firmware for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- First off, you need to Download Odin for Samsung Galaxy S8/Plus Here
Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Firmware –
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Stock Firmware – Here
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950N Stock Firmware – Here
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950U Stock Firmware – Here
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950W Stock Firmware – Here
Download Samsung Galaxy S8+ Stock Firmware –
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955N Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955U Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W Stock Firmware – Download
How to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
1#. First Off, You needs to enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option> on your S8 device. And To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2#. Now download Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Stock Firmware from Mobupdates.
3#. After just download and install the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4#. And Run the Odin_vxx.exe file on your PC.
5#. Now just connect your Galaxy S8/Plus to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6#. Once you enter into download mode on your phone to turn off and press and hold the Bixby and volume down, buttons then press the power button. Until you see the download mode screen.
7#. Now just a second you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
8#. If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or tries it with different USB cable.
9#. Now locate and add the stock firmware file .tar or .md5 file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
10#. Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“.
11#. Now Just Tap to ‘Start’ button, and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass’ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will flash Firmware on Galaxy S8 and S8+.
That’s it. Now your device restarts automatically.
After a successful stack firmware installs then it’s the first start of the device may take time, so wait patiently again. When it has, verify the installation. And Check out the Settings > on the phone, to confirm new build no. based on the firmware you just installed.
Now that you know the model no., download the latest firmware from above for that model no. exactly.
You May Like These:
- Best Galaxy S8 Wooden Cases
- How to Disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S8
- How to Disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus: 8 Best Screen protectors
- How To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8: Where is the Flashlight App?
- How to Fix System.android.sil3g Error in Samsung Galaxy S8
- How to Turn on Screen Mirroring on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus and Connect
- How to quick charge Samsung Galaxy S8