Odin is a very useful firmware flashing tool for all Samsung Galaxy devices including galaxy S8, S7, S6 and all Galaxy Note series. In the fact, Samsung roll out the official updates over the air (OTA) however there are certain cases where a Galaxy user is forced to use this tool to manually flash the stock firmware update. Here in this article, we will show you how to Use Odin to Flash Firmware step by steps.
In the internet market, lots of different types of flash tools available but Odin is a very user-friendly to use and also to without bugs to flash it, Samsung firmware’s are available here for most devices and users can easily download it for specific models, and you can use Odin to flash them onto your device.
Before you start using the Samsung flash tool you’ll need the following:
- Samsung Galaxy device.
- Samsung stock firmware. You download it from here
- Download Odin
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Go to Settings > Developers options and enable USB Debugging.
- Backup your existing data stored on the device.
How to use Odin
This step-by-step guide will help to quickly master the art of flashing stock firmware using Odin.
1. First, extract/unzip the firmware files as you can in the screenshot below.
2. Run Odin tool as Administrator on your PC.
3. Reboot your device into download mode. To do it, hold down the Volume down+Home+Power simultaneously for about 6 sec until Android warning sign appears on the screen. Hit Volume up to continue.
4. While in odin mode, connect your device to PC via the USB port. Make sure that your device is connected to Odin by looking at the ID:COM
5. Click on the PA/PDA (Older versions of odin have PDA instead of PA) button and select the firmware file tar.md5.
6. Wait for Samsung tool to analyze the file.
7. From here on, hit the Start button to start flashing the firmware using Odin.
8. Actually Odin usually takes around 5 minutes to complete the process.
Odin will show you the green labeled message PASS! And your phone will automatically reboot.
Here is the video tutorial exactly showing how to flash a firmware tar.md5 file via Odin onto your device.
Congratulations! Your device is successfully repaired to stock factory settings, recovered or unbricked. Furthermore to, hope you like all explain each step in detail, also to we make it simpler with the help of screenshots and video tutorial so that new users can follow and understand each step. It is the only working method that you can to unbrick Samsung smartphone.
Accordingly, I am pretty sure if you follow the exact steps then you can easily recover your bricked phone. Did you find it helpful? Do let me know and share your experience in the comment section below.