I like to work late at night on my Windows 10 PC. Since I work at night, I cannot harm my eyes with the bright and long exposure. Mostly, I use Google Docs to manage my office. Hence, I didn’t know there is a way to turn on dark mode on Google Docs on Windows 10 PC.
Last week one of my office colleagues told me about the dark mode support on Google Docs. I knew how to activate dark mode on Chrome, but it turns the screen to the normal light mode when I open Google Docs. There is no official way to turn on Google Docs dark mode on windows 10 computer. But luckily, I found the way to enable dark mode on Google Docs. Let me show you the complete process in this post.
How To Make Google Docs Dark Mode On PC Windows 10
Since most of the users prefer to use Google Chrome instead of other internet browsers, I will start with enable Google Docs dark mode on Chrome.
- Visit the Google Chrome extension search bar.
- Enter ‘Google Docs dark mode in the search bar and hit Enter.
- Look for the Google Docs dark mode extension by Ivan Hidalgo.
- Open the Extension and click on Add To Chrome.
- Now you will see the popup that says the extension can “Read and change your data docs.google.com” website; click on Add Extension if you are cool with it.
- Once it is added to the browser, you will see a notification about it. You can see the new Google Docs icon on the top next to the address bar to access it.
- Now click on puzzle shaped icon next to the address bar, and then click on the Pin icon next to the Google Docs Dark Mode extension.
- You can go to the Google Docs page and create a new document to see the new dark mode.
- You can also turn it off from the extension bar at the top. It will show you as Sun and Mood.
- That’s it.
These were the steps to turn your Google Docs pages into dark mode on your Windows 10 PC. The latest Windows 11 is also currently available for testing. The same procedure has to Google Docs dark mode on Windows 11 PC.
While following the above steps on your PC, don’t bother to tell us in the comment box if you see any trouble. You can also share other methods to activate dark mode on Google Docs on Windows PC.