“Among Us” is among the most popular games nowadays. It deserves all the fame it has been getting in the last few years. It needs a few friends or even makes friends with strangers. The game requires sharp thinking, and it includes betrayal as among the most important factors. Either you can be an innocent part of the crew, or you can choose to be a sinister imposter who tries to damage and kill. Developers of the game always strive to update the game with new features and functions to make it more exciting. However, many players don’t know how to update Among US on various devices.
The game is available on various devices such as PC, Android smartphones, iOS phones such as iPad and iPhone, and Steam. There are many ways to update the app. The process of updating the app is really simple, and on all devices, the method of update is quite similar, but there are a few differences. Such differences can confuse players. Plus, several OS versions have a different approach to upgrading Among Us app. Therefore, in this guide, we would like to guide you on how to update Among Us on PC, mobile phones, and Steam.
Why Should I Update Among US Game?
As previously mentioned, developers try very hard to fix all bugs and errors. They bring new changes and performance improvements with each update. Thus, one should update Among Us whenever it is available. Keeping up to date with your applications is also a sign of safety and security. You will get new changes, old bugs fixed, and some new elements that can improve your gaming experience in every new update.
How Do You Get the Latest Version on Computer?
All PC players have to play using Steam, so the only way to update Among Us is to go through Steam.
- You have to open Steam and navigate to Library.
- Here, the name of Among Us will appear. Select the name of the game and right-click to open Properties.
- Now, navigate to Update the tab where the option of the update will be seen. You can also turn on the option to update the game automatically.
If a new update is available, the download process will begin, and it will be installed. If you have an automatic update turned on, the latest version of Among Us will be updated automatically.
How To Update Among Us on Android Devices
Similar to PC, updating Among Us on Android devices is also very simple. You can follow two methods to update the Among Us android app.
The primary and simplest method is to update the app through the Google Play Store.
- Open the app section in Google Play Store and select the Menu icon shown in the top-left corner.
- Now navigate to “My Apps and Games.” Here, you will see a complete list of all apps installed on your devices.
- If an app has been updated, you will see the option of “Update” option shown next to the name of the game.
- Tap on the option to update the app; it will be installed automatically on your device.
This is method might be a bit complicated for some users. Here, you need to install the new update using the latest Among Us APK.
- Visit a reliable third-party app store on your mobile browser and find the latest APK file of Among US game.
- Tap on the download option, and the latest APK file will be installed on your device. The download process may not be simple here. You may have to go through two or three steps.
- The file will take a few minutes to get downloaded. It will be saved in the Files folder of your device.
- Once it is downloaded, tap on the file, and it will ask for permission to install. Allow for installation, and it will begin.
- When it is finished, you will an updated version of Among Us on your Android mobile phone.
Note: Never download any APK file from any third-party site that seems illegitimate or scam. Many fraudsters shill their fake apps via fake names via such app stores.
How to Update Among Us on iPhone
Updating any application on iOS devices is very simple. Unlike Android smartphones, there is only a single way to update Among Us or any other game on iPhone. Here’s how you can get the latest update of Among Us.
Make sure you are connected to a secure Wi-Fi connection as the game could be in size over 200 MB.
- Open Apple App Store and tap on your profile located at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down, and you will see all apps that have new updates available. If you the name of Among Us in the list, you will see its name.
- If you don’t see it, scroll up to refresh the page. Now, if available, tap on the update button, and the downloading process will start.
- The downloading speed depends on the internet connection. Apple may require a Wi-Fi connection to install an app size of more than 200MB.
The same process can be used on iPad as well. The latest iPad is running on iPadOS, but the downloading process and user interface are identical to the latest iOS versions. This is how you can easily install Among on iPhone and iPad.
Among Us can be played on gaming consoles such as Xbox and Nintendo Switch. The process of downloading the latest version of Among Us on these devices is also very simple.
On Nintendo Switch
- Open your Switch device and look for Among Us in the games section. If you don’t see it on the home screen, check it in ‘All Software.’
- When Among Us is selected, you can open the menu by pressing the minus or plus button on the controller.
- You will see an option saying “Software Update.” You need to tap on “Via the Internet,” and the latest version will be installed.
- You need to make sure you have an active internet connection. Now press the Xbox button from your console controller.
- Navigate to Profile and System => Setting => System
Here, you need to tap on “Updates.” Here, you can check all games that have new updates available. If you see Among Us on the list, download the latest update