So, you’ve accidentally pressed the “Delete” button and are now wondering how to retrieve that specific message on your Android? Although the situation seems frustrating, you might be relieved to know that it happened to the best of us, and the data backup might help you in such cases.
Oops! Don’t have a backup? Well, that might raise a concern. Retrieving deleted tested messages without backup isn’t straightforward; however, possible. So, if you are new to this whole scenario and wondering how to retrieve deleted text messages on Android without backup, then we are here to help.
This guide will cover some practical methods to get the job done. Hence, don’t waste further time looking here and there, and scroll down the page to discover possible solutions. Let’s not procrastinate and get started.
Are text messages lost permanently when deleted?
Thankfully, NO (and trust me, that’s no less than a bright ray of hope). While many people think that their messages have gone forever when deleted, you’ll be amazed to learn that is not true. Text messages are not lost permanently when you mistakenly or intentionally delete them from your messaging app.
But here the question arises if they don’t get lost permanently, then why are you not able to recover or find them? Since Android doesn’t have any recycle bin from where you can retrieve the messages whenever you want to, how is it even possible to get them ever again once deleted?
Allow us to reveal the secret. When messages on Android are deleted, they simply store in the phone memory and can sometimes be overwritten with new information until the space is needed for new data reservation. It means that Android stores those deleted text messages (deleted whether intentionally or through a malware attack), so you can recover them using some practical solutions.
The Simple Methods to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Android
So, are you ready to get those messages back? If so, then continue scrolling the page and find how you can recover the deleted messages on your Android. Luckily, there’s no backup needed to use these methods. So, why wait? Let’s get into it!!
1. Use SMS Trash
Let’s unveil the list with the basic solution. If you are using Samsung handsets, then you can easily recover your deleted messages from its SMS Trash option. When you delete any text message on the Samsung mobile, they are moved to the trash for 30 days before being permanently deleted. Believe it or not, this method is extremely simple and will take about 2 minutes to complete.
Here’s how you can use SMS Trash to recover deleted messages on your Samsung mobile.
- Open the Samsung messaging application and click on the vertical dots in the top-right corner.
- A pop-up menu will appear on the screen. From there, you must find the Trash option, often available at the fourth spot. Click on it, and the option will take you to the app’s bin.
- There, you will easily find deleted text messages. Select the one you want to recover by holding down until a checkmark appears next to it.
- Tick the box to select the message and go to the bottom of the screen, from where you will find different options, including Restore and Delete All.
- From there, you must click the “Restore” button and wait for a few seconds until your text messages get restored to your inbox.
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully retrieved a deleted text message on your Samsung handset.
2. Use Third-party Apps
Since you haven’t created any backup for your deleted messages, the most popular option to get the job done is already dropped out from the list. And, it’s time to move on to some third-party application that’s capable of retrieving messages, such as DroidKit.
It scans your Android phone deeply and can easily recover deleted messages without backup. And the best part – you can preview the deleted messages and select which ones to recover and which to discard permanently.
You’ll be glad to find out that DroidKit can recover 13 essential data types, including contacts, videos, photos, and many others. Besides the incredible data recovery, DroidKit is user-friendly, and you can easily use it without worrying about seeking any external help.
Here’s how to use DroidKit software to retrieve your text messages.
- Download and install the DroidKit software on your PC and launch it.
- Go to the option saying Deep Recovery from Device.
- Select the “Messages to Scan” button, and make sure your phone to attached to your PC via a high-end USB.
- The program will then automatically analyze your Android Root’s status. If it hasn’t been rooted yet, tap the Root Now button to proceed next.
- Once you are done with this, all the messages will appear on the screen. You can then select the message to recover and tap the option, saying “To Device” or “To PC”, based on your preference.
- Finally, your text messages have now been recovered successfully.
3. With the Restore Deleted Text Messages App
Although DroidKit is one of the leading software to recover your deleted text messages on Android without backup, it requires a PC to get the job done. But what if you’re not carrying your laptop and want to recover deleted messages instantly?
Well, in that case, you must use the Restore Deleted Text Messages App, and retrieve all necessary texts on your phone quickly.
Follow the instructions below and get started.
- Download the Restore Deleted Text Messages App and follow the on-screen prompts to install it.
- Once done, launch the application, and select the “Recover” button to initiate the process.
- A pop-up will appear on the screen to confirm your action. Tap the “Allow” button and move to the next step.
- Afterwards, you will see the SMS backup file. Tap to open it, and you will then see a list of deleted messages.
- Select the message you wish to recover. There, you will find two options – Copy and Recover. If you select the Copy button, then all messages will be copied to your desired folder. However, if you select the Recover button, then all messages will start appearing in your messaging app or SMS Inbox.
- The app also features a Data Backup option. You can select the same, and back up all your messages to avoid any fuss later on.
4. Check your Carrier App
Are you still here, looking for how to retrieve deleted text messages on Android without backup? Well, don’t worry, we have another option to help you out. Simply check your carrier app and see if they have made a backup of your text messages on your behalf.
Don’t get surprised, several major phone carriers, including AT&T and Verizon offers messages backup & bundles to facilitate the users.
These additional functionalities back up your text messages and make them available on the web and other devices. If you are using one of the carrier’s messaging app, the n you’ll be able to retrieve the messages without spending a penny or extra effort.
5. Reach out to the sender
Okay, you don’t have a Samsung device, haven’t used a carrier messaging app, and don’t have enough time to install third-party applications. Cheer up, as there’s another solution to get the messages back. Sounds surprising?
If none of the above-mentioned tricks work for you, then ditch them altogether and reach out to the sender. Hopefully, that person must have a copy of the text message you are looking for. Ask them to take a moment and forward the message again.
So, that’s how you can easily recover all deleted messages on Android even without a backup. While these methods are tried-and-tested, users are still advised to avoid such unfortunate situations by creating a backup of every important thing on your device.
No matter how advanced phone you are carrying, mishaps won’t happen with prior information, thus multiplying trouble by a thousandfold. Hence, a complete backup of your data will help you recover everything back without taking these additional steps.
We hope our guide has helped you get those important messages back that you have deleted mistakenly. However, if you are still facing trouble, then connect with our experts, and we’ll be there to assist.