Have you borrowed a student loan and wondering about how to pay it back? Don’t freak out as FedLoan is there to assist you. This platform is primarily launched to help federal and private students. It is a student loan servicer that let you successfully repay your loans by collecting and tracking payments.
FedLoan Service offers the Manage Repayment tool that will help you estimate possible monthly payments. Whether you want to calculate your interest or check if you qualify for loan forgiveness, they have resources that can help you out.
Still, confused and want to know more? Scroll down the page and find a guide that covers everything about this loan repayment servicing platform. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
A brief introduction to FedLoan
Getting a student loan might be easy but repaying the same is a matter of concern for certain students. That’s where FedLoan Service comes into the role. This platform is introduced to ease private and federal students in paying their loans back. It gives you in-depth assistance about loans and their repayment terms to help you when making decisions about the student loan.
FedLoan Servicing is owned and operated by PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency), which is a non-profit organization offering financial aid services. It managers the administrative aspects of a loan, be it billing, payment processing, or anything in between.
FedLoan helps collect payments, process deferments and forbearances, and provides excellent customer service. FedLoan Servicing also works with borrowers who are having trouble making their payments. It offers repayment plans and other options to help borrowers get back on track.
This loan servicing company is contracted by the US Department of Education to service federal student loans. This includes Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loans, and Perkins Loans. It has a variety of tools and resources available to help borrowers manage their loans. These include online payment options, repayment plans, and deferment and forbearance options.
How to create a MyFedLoan account?
So now that you are aware of the FedLoad Servicing platform, let’s now check out how you can create an account with this platform to get started. Making registration with this platform is no rocket science; hence, you can easily get it done in less than no time. All you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below and create an account with much ease and comfort. So, let’s get into it!!
- First of all, open the web browser of your choice and launch the official website of the FedLoan.
- As soon as the home page will open, take your cursor to the top right corner and click on the Sign-up button.
- A new window will open, where you can click on the “Create an Account.”
- Now, add your personal information like First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Account, and Date of Birth. Cross-check the information and make sure you have added appropriate details.
- Click on the Continue button and move to the next step.
- Now, the users will asked to create a username and password and ensure that these credentials follow the official guidelines. Take note of the account information and pen down the same at the safest place to avoid its misuse.
- Make sure that username must between 6 and 12 characters and can only contain numbers, letters, and underscores. Speaking of the password, it must be between 8 and 128 characters and contain at least 3 of the following 4 criteria, like an uppercase letter, a number, small case letter, and any of the special characters.
- Thereafter, users need to choose the security question and answer that you want to retrieve the username or password, if you forget the same in future.
- Lastly, check the data you have added and click on the submit button to create a account. You are now good to go.
A Step-by-Step Guide to log into the MyFedLoan
As now you have successfully created an account, it’s time to move on to the login process. Before you proceed further, make sure you fulfill three pre-requisites, including username and password, PC or a smartphone with excellent internet connection, and a convenient browser.
Once you are done with the requirements, you can follow the steps mentioned below to get the job done on swipe of your fingertips.
- The first and foremost step is to visit the FedLoan Servicing home page and go to the top right corner and click on the Sign In Now button.
- A new page will appear on the screen, where you are required to add user name and password, as you have created during the registration process. You can also reset your username by adding your account number or SSN. When entering, do not forget to do without spaces or hyphens.
- Cross verify the information and click on the Sign In button to access your account on the go.
Does FedLoan Servicing Have An App?
Yes. To ease the users, FedLoan Servicing offers an on-the-solution in the form of a dedicated mobile application. No matter where you are, your account is just a finger tap away with their mobile app. It is designed for both Android and Apple users; hence, you can download the application either from the Android App Store or Apple App Store.
Some of the benefits of using the FedLoan App are mentioned here.
- User Face ID or Touch ID to sign in to your account faster and simpler.
- Check your bills and letters anytime in the Inbox.
- You can easily schedule a payment, target payment or cancel a pending payment with the app with a swipe of your fingertips.
- Users can upload supporting documentation for an IDR plan for faster processing.
- The app also allows you to set up your due date for a day when you know you’ll have money in your bank account.
- Get an instant view of your Loan Summary or check out the individual loan details for more information.
How to make FedLoan Payments?
There are plenty of different ways through which you can make FedLoan payments. Here’re mentioned a few of them for the readers’ sake of convenience.
- Direct Debit
You can choose the Direct Debit option and your loan payment will be automatically dedicated from your savings account on the due date of each month. The best thing is that you can save 0.25% using this method. To avoid missing a payment, make sure to send a payment using other methods until the FedLoan confirms your setup for the Direct Debit method.
- Payment through a mobile app
It gives you the option to make payments on the go. Just download the app, schedule your payment, and rest assured as your payment will be deducted automatically.
- Paying Online
Users can also pay through Account Access. It is a widely used option since it lets you make extra payments on individual loans.
- Pay by phone
Call 1-800-699-2908 at any time of the day and use the automated phone system to get the payment done.
- Payment by third-party bill-pay services
Last but not least is the payment through third-party bill-pay services. However, be sure to have the correct mailing address to avoid any hassle later on.
That’s it for now!! FedLoan is the one-stop destination to manage your student loans and repay them on time to avoid penalties. You can access their services either from their website or by downloading the mobile application. If you find any problems signing in to the account, do let us know in the comment section below and we will readily resolve the query. For more details, stay tuned with us.