Sony has carried out shockingly well with Oreo rollout, in fact. Not only were they first to release Oreo pre-installed in your Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 packed together, but they are alive also first to roll out Oreo an OTA when they start on seeding Android 8.0 for the XZ Performance.
After then, at this time too, they released the Oreo update for Xperia XZ and Xperia XZs, which makes them show off five Oreo running devices in their collection — Great to note also which no other OEM can boast of at the moment.
Whatever, we are here to show you how to get and install Xperia XZ and XZs Android Oreo update. While Sony is slowly pushing it to all Xperia XZ and XZs users approximately the world, it could take the corporation some time to cover all strategy.
So if you want the Oreo update early on your Xperia XZ or XZs, or for any reason — root, TWRP, LineageOS, doesn’t matter what — you couldn’t believe OTA update, or are having OTA update fail issue, you can just download the Oreo firmware for your Xperia XZ or XZs from the downloads section below, and install it right out using the guide given below our page.
Note: Warning and Compatibility: The firmware’s given here are compatible only with Sony Xperia XZ (F8331 and F8332) and Xperia XZs (G8231) devices. Do NOT try to install these on any other variants of these devices. You have been advice!
- Xperia XZ Oreo firmware:
- Xperia XZs Oreo firmware:
- Single SIM (G8231): G8231_41.3.A.0.401_Customized_DE.ftf
- Flashtool (145.34 MB)
How to install Xperia XZ and XZs Oreo firmware
- First off, download the Oreo firmware and Flashtool from the above links.
- Now, install Flashtool on your PC.
- Just Open the folder where Flashtool was installed (default is C:\Flashtool), go to drivers folder and install proper drivers for Flashtool using the Flashtool-drivers.exe file.
- Now create a new folder named firmwares in the directory where Flashtool is installed.
- Next, to Copy the .ftf firmware file that you downloaded for your Xperia phone, and paste it into the firmwares folder that you created in the step above.
- Run the Flashtool.exe file to open Sony Mobile Flasher.
- Then Click on the Flash button, and select Flashmode when request.
- On the next screen, change source folder target to the directory where we saved the .ftf firmware file in Step 5 above (C:/Flashtool/firmwares).
- Once you change the firmware folder destination, select the Oreo firmware you downloaded for your device from the Firmwares list.
- After you want to check mart every checkbox in the Wipe section to do a clean install.
└ Note: This will delete all data on your device.
- Then Just Hit Flash button in the bottom right corner.
- And Flashtool should now ask you to connect your phone (in Flash mode) to the PC. For that, do the following:
- First, plug- in the USB cable to PC.
- Switch off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume down key and connect the USB cable to your phone. Remember you’ve to hold the Volume down key while connecting the USB cable to phone.
└ This will put your phone into Flashmode and begin the flashing process.
- Once you notice flashing finished message on the screen, disconnect your phone from the PC and switch it on.
You’re done. Your Xperia XZ or Xperia XZs should now be running Android 8.0 Oreo. That’s it!