There are lot’s of Google Play store issue has been occurring on Android devices with running Jellybean OS. Here, in this case, it’s the error 491 (Google play store 491 error) and whenever this error occurs on your smartphone at a time it cannot download or update apps in the Google Play store. Basically, there are two handy solutions that have worked for many users and you can try them too. Sometimes a common solution like reboot and clear cache and data that works to resolve this issue other times you may have to play with the system settings. Here in this tutorial is a very common problem to fix for all Android market-related errors such as Google Play Services Has Stopped, RH-01 and so on. And the second method involves clearing app caches and data from the recovery.
2 Quick Solution to solve the Google play error 491
Solution 1#. Delete and re-add your Google account
- In your Android device: Go to system settings> Accounts>Google>Remove your Gmail account (the account that is synched with Google Play Store)
- Next to Go to settings>Apps>All>Force stop, Clear data, and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager
- Reboot your device.
- Now again go to settings> Accounts>Google>Add your Gmail account
- Now Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Note: It is safe to delete your account and re-add it. This won’t delete your apps or data. For those who cannot delete Google account from the settings, read this to manually delete your account: Remove Google account without factory reset.
Solution 2#. Wipe Cache
- First, Reboot into recovery
- Now you can see on screen to Wipe cache partition
- Go to Advanced >> Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Now go back and Reboot system
- Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Hope it solves the Google play error 491 problems. Now if you have any problem or another method to solve this error problem please comment below.