The android is the world most popular OS, it is very user-friendly and with easy-to-use UI, a lot of highly advanced features like OK Google and more significantly. But some days ago, I got an error called Unfortunately, ‘Google Play Services Has Stopped’ on my Android Smartphone while making a few changes in the Settings. Fortunately, I was able to fix the Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped error with some, best and easy tricks.
If you have also tired the same problem on your Android device, check out these smarty tricks to troubleshoot this issue right away.
- 1 How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped
- 1.1 Solution 1: Reset your Device:
- 1.2 Solution 2: Clear Google Play Services Cache and Data:
- 1.3 Solution 3: Remove Google Services Framework cache and data:
- 1.4 Solution 4: Remove Google Play Store cache and data:
- 1.5 Solution #5: Update Google Play Services
- 1.6 Solution 6: Factory data reset
How to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped
Solution 1: Reset your Device:
Really, it’s a best and easy method for the fix some minor issues just by rebooting my device.
Just Press and hold the Power button on your Android Smartphone, and when the menu appears on your device tap on Restart.
If you are unable to fix Google Play Services error by solution 1 then apply the next one and most probably one method will solve your problem.
Solution 2: Clear Google Play Services Cache and Data:
The next solution about the clearing your Google play services cache and data, means there are several solution to included on the stopping the error on your android. Let’s check below steps for clear the caches of Google Play Services App:
Step 1: Go to Settings → Tap on Apps (There will be Manage Apps, App Manager or Applications on some Android devices).
Step 2: Locate Google Play Services and tap on it.
Step 3: Now, tap on Force Stop and finally tap on OK to confirm.
Solution 3: Remove Google Services Framework cache and data:
The Google Services Framework is one type of system app which comes preinstalled in your Android devices.
Step 1: Go to Settings on your device and tap on Apps.
Step 2: Tap on Google Framework
Step 3: Click on Force Stop.
Step 4: Click on Clear Cache
If it doesn’t solve the issue, you will need to clear data as well. (Settings → Apps → Google Services Framework → Clear Data.)
Solution 4: Remove Google Play Store cache and data:
Step 1: Go to Settings and tap on Apps.
Step 2: Click on Google Play Store.
Step 3: Tap on Storage.
Step 4: Tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Change the language
Some users who had run into this problem exist to fix by changing the language. Head over to Settings → Language & Input → Languages, and select English (United Kingdom) from the list.
Reset app preferences
Resetting app preferences have done the easy trick for several users to fix error “Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped” including me. Hopefully, it clicks for you as well.
- Go to Settings and tap on Apps.
- Next up, you have to tap on three lines from the top-right corner to open the menu.
- Tap on Reset app preferences followed by Reset apps.
Disable Location Services
Go to Settings → Location services and turn it off.
Remove Google Account and Re-add It
- Open Settings and tap on Accounts.
- Locate your Google account, tap on it.
- Tap on Remove. Now, you have to go back to Settings → Accounts and tap on Add Account.
- Type your Gmail username and password.
Change the password
A few users, who had come across this issue, reported that changing the password of their Gmail account solved the problem for them.
Solution #5: Update Google Play Services
If you have recently updates your android Smartphone then sure you have the latest version of Google Play Services on your device. Open Settings → Apps → tap on Google Play Services → tap on “Uninstall Updates”. Now, install the newest version on your device.
- Deactivate Google Play Services. (Settings → device administrators → Deactivate Android Device Manager.)
- Uninstall Google Play Services. (Settings → Application Manager → Google Play Services → uninstall updates.
- Use any app that will require Google Play Services. You will be prompted to install the Services.
- After you have reinstalled the latest version, activate Android Device Manager. Settings→ Security → Device Administrators.
- Finally, you need to reboot your device.
Solution 6: Factory data reset
There is a last option for fix ‘Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped’ on android device. You can choose this method and make sure to your device is fixed all the error and also to clean-up all the data, so before start you need to back-up android device data.
Step 1: Open Settings on your device.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on Backup and Reset.
Step 3: Tap on Factory data reset and tap on Reset Phone.
I hope you get all solution about Google Play Services error.