Companies of all sizes continue to search for answers to the two popular questions – How much money does it cost to make an app and What does the price depend on? Many websites exist that aim to provide mobile app development cost estimates, but they are ultimately just marketing tools.
Recent Released: How to Fix err_address_unreachable on Android?
It is important to keep in mind that these estimates are not representative of reality. Generally, mobile app development costs can range anywhere from $40,000 – $300,000 and even up to $500,000+, according to research done by Clutch and GoodFirms. Depending on the complexity and size of a mobile application, this number may increase or decrease. All in all, mobile app development costs are one-factor businesses should consider before embarking on their mobile journey.
What Affects the Cost of Application Development?
The cost to create an application can be influenced by the platform the app is created on, the complexity of the app’s features, the expertise of the development team, the type of application, and the cost of the technologies used. Platforms like Android require more resources than iOS and can introduce additional costs. Feature-rich apps typically require more time and resources to build, making them more expensive than basic apps.
Depending on the scope of the project as well as the level of expertise necessary to make the calculations and write code to create the desired result, development teams may need different levels of experienced personnel with varying rates that will add up. Apps such as cloud computing or FinTech apps may require advanced technologies that come at a higher cost than projects using simpler needs.
Important! The final cost of applications is also very much influenced by the method chosen for developing applications. For example, if you use outsourced mobile app development services, then the price can be 20-30% lower than hiring your own team. All due to the fact that the salary of remote employees can often be less, it all depends on their region of residence.
Average Price of Mobile App Development
Developing a mobile application can vary in cost from tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, depending on what features and demands the application has. This is often indicated by application development costs that have been and continue to be incurred by the giants of the media industry. For example, Facebook maintains a development team, that is, their monthly costs can reach up to $1 million. At the same time, businesses that do not require constant technical support pay a low price for monthly support and pay project-by-project for the introduction of new features. To give a better idea of the current market, it is better to provide an estimate of the cost of developing different types of applications in different regions of the world.
US app development cost
Estimated data on the cost of creating an application by a company located in the United States and working with American developers:
- The creation of an offline standalone application may cost around $50,000.
- An app with moderate online connectivity can have a price tag of about $80,000.
- The cost for chatbot application development is estimated at around $90,000.
- The cost to create an IoT or wearable application can reach up to $1,350,000.
- Messaging applications’ development cost tends to be approximately $300,000
- Augmented reality or virtual reality apps may come at around $400,000.
- The amount required for developing on-demand apps may be almost $800,000.
- M-commerce applications’ costs can be determined at about $600,000 per project.
- The average expense for creating a mobile social networking app is set at around $350,000
- Enterprise mobile apps usually require an investment of roughly $500,000.
US app development cost (remote team)
Depending on the type of application being built, the cost can range anywhere from $12,000 to $120,000.
- A basic stand-alone app without online connectivity would be on the lower end of the spectrum, costing around $12,000 to $25,000.
- Apps with moderate online connectivity will cost between $5,000 and $45,000.
- The average cost of building a chatbot ranges from $20,000 to $50,000.
- The cost of developing a messenger is from 30,000 to 70,000 dollars.
- A mobile commerce app will cost approximately $30,000 to $80,000.
- An enterprise mobile app or an augmented reality/virtual reality app will cost in the range of $50,000 to $120,000.
The cost of developing a mobile app with an offshore team
The type of application you are wanting to build will directly influence the cost associated with it from an offshore team standpoint.
- Simple standalone apps may cost around $5,000 to develop.
- IoT and wearable applications typically range from $28,000 – $45,000 depending on complexities.
- On-demand type applications tend to be higher at around $50,000 because of their increased complexity.
- Enterprise-level applications can cost as much as $60,000.
How Long Does It Take to Develop a Mobile Application?
Even though the cost of creating an app varies widely based on the platform, there are other demands to be accounted for. The time needed to implement certain features is by far one of the largest factors when estimating the cost.
Depending on complexity:
- a basic app can take between 500-800 hours and 3-6 months;
- an application of average complexity of creation will require from 800 to 1200 hours of active development, which means that it will take from 5 to 9 months to complete the project;
- more complex apps can exceed 1,200 hours and require 8+ months of development.
If you’re looking for an experienced development partner to help create an innovative mobile application, JatApp is a perfect choice. They offer customized solutions for both Android and iOS devices, no matter the size or complexity of the project. Even better, their products are designed with scalability and future updates in mind, so you don’t need to find a new development partner down the line. To find out more about what JatApp can do for you and how easy it is to get started, visit their website today!