Wondering whether or not you can use Airpods with Android? Well, you are not alone, as most users get stuck into the same trouble and confusion. The world of technology is ever-evolving, and one of the most famous pieces of tech in recent years has been the Apple AirPods. These wireless headphones have changed how we listen to music and have made life much more convenient for many.
But with the growing popularity comes ever-lasting questions, and Apple Airpods is no exception. Since Apple is a heavy investment, many people wonder if they can connect Apple Airpod with Android to enjoy the best of both worlds. If this question bothers you, then this guide is for you.
In this article, we’ll discuss the compatibility between AirPods and Android devices and what you need to know about connecting them. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Is it possible to connect an Android smartphone with Airpods?
Before you jump into the step-by-step process and challenges, it’s good to know whether you can connect Airpods with Android or not. So, hold your horses, as the answer is yes, it is possible to establish a secure connection between these two BT-enabled devices. However, there are a few things you need to know to do so, but it is definitely possible.
First, you must know that you must sacrifice certain features when connecting Airpods with non-Apple devices. For example, you cannot use Siri with an Android phone. However, you can still use the AirPods for music and phone calls. Airpods’ functionality with Android is quite limited and fulfills the basic requirement of the earbuds, i.e., listening to music and answered to calls. You must compromise several features, be it Siri or Automatic battery detection. You can also install autoGPT and have fun.
What Features you’ll lose when connecting Airpods with Android?
It’s mandatory to outline all the features you’ll lose when using Airpods with Android to know whether the hassle is worth your effort or time. Here’s a quick rundown of functionalities that you might enjoy when using Airpods with a non-Apple device.
- Automatic Ear Detection: This feature will not work on Android devices, so you must manually take your AirPods out when you’re done using them.
- Siri: That’s a basic thing to know: you cannot use Siri on non-Apple devices. Siri is Apple-enabled; hence, you will miss this functionality on Android.
- No customizing double-tap: Although AirPods are designed for Apple devices, they can also be used with Android devices. However, there is no way to customize the double tap feature on AirPods when using them with an Android device.
- Spatial Audio: Airpods, when connected with Apple iPhones, offer spatial audio support and allow you to enjoy a more immersive listening experience. However, that special feature is not available with Android devices.
- Single AirPod listening: You also cannot enjoy the single Airpod listening feature with Android. Listening to music only using one Airpod is limited to iPhone only; hence, you must have both Airpods out of the case when connecting with Android.
- Adaptive EQ: Do you know some Airpods adjust their sound in real-time, depending on the environment and how they fit in your ear? Well, this feature is specially added for noise cancelation in busy, crowded streets. But unfortunately, this feature is also limited to Apple devices, and you will get no benefit if using Airpods with Android.
How to Connect Airpods with Android Phones?
Connecting Android smartphones and Airpods is no rocket science, as both devices are Bluetooth-enabled at their core. You can simply connect them as you do to other Bluetooth devices.
- Drag the notification panel on your Android and click the “Bluetooth” icon to turn it on.
- Now, put both airpods in the case (keep them out in case of Airpod Max), and wait for a few seconds to connect with your phone. Ensure that both devices are placed close to each other, AirPods are in their charging case, and the lid is open.
- Once it’s done, you will find a light on your Android, indicating the completion of the pairing process.
So, that’s all about it. AirPods are a convenient and stylish way to listen to music, make phone calls, and interact with your device. While not explicitly designed for Android devices, AirPods can still be used on compatible Android phones with the right technology.
With all the features of Apple’s wireless headphones paired with the convenience of an Android device, it perfectly balances style and function for those who don’t want to be tied down by wires.