There could be several reasons to reset your OnePlus devices if you are facing some issues with the phone or you wish to sell your smartphone so you need to clean up the whole device before selling it. Here, we shall tell you the best methods to reset you OnePlus 7 Pro in some easy steps.
Important – Here, by reset, we mean factory reset and also called a Hard Reset. Hard reset Oneplus 7 Pro will wipe out all the data and information from the phone. If you wish to just soft reset your device without losing any data then follow the process given below.
- Press and hold on power key long enough to bring up the menu.
- Now tap on the restart, this is called soft reset.
What to do Before Factory Reset the OnePlus 7?
You must back up all the data in the phone before hard resetting it. All the photos and important data should be backed up in your PC or laptop since all these will be wiped out after factory reset. Make sure you remember your Google ID and password to log in again in the phone or else you won’t be able to use your phone again. Keep sufficient battery in the device before resetting.
Method 1 – Reset OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro from Settings Option
This is a simple and easiest way to reset any phone. Follow the steps below to reset your OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus.
- Go to Settings => scroll down to “System”
- You will see reset options. Click on Erase all data or factory Reset and then Reset Phone option. Enter your device password if asked.
- If you haven’t backed up your data then don’t check the internal storage box.
- Click on Erase Everything option and your device will restart automatically after a factory reset.
Method 2 – Reset OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro using Recover Mode
If your device freezes a lot so there might be chances of malware or if you have forgotten your device password but you still remember the Google ID password then you can proceed for this method.
- Power off your OnePlus device.
- Press and hold down the Volume Up + Power keys simultaneously until you see the OnePlus logo on the screen.
- Recover Mode will appear where you will see Wipe data or Factory reset option. Navigate to this option by Volume keys and select it by using the Power key.
- The phone will automatically reset and it will be back on the Recovery Mode main Menu.
- Now, select Reboot System Now option to restart your OnePlus 7 Pro.
These simple methods will help you to reset your phone and then your phone will be in the state like it was when you purchased it. Follow these steps very carefully, so you don’t get your device freeze while performing a reset. In case you do, we are always happy to help you.