When it comes to email marketing tools, counter.wmail-service.com has been set out as a potential command and control server for VenomSoftX malware. It is being targeted as a RAT or remote access trojan that’s been making rounds on the internet recently.
If you have somehow managed to get yourself into this mess of the counter.wmail-service.com trojan issue and have been looking for ways to get this out, you have come to the right place.
This article will explore more about the counter.wmail-service.com trojan and how you can get rid of the same.
Ways to remove counter.wmail-service.com trojan
Since the counter.wmail-service.com is a virus and can lead to complications with the device and associated problems, we’d recommend that you follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start by using Rkill to get rid of malicious processes
- Next, use that to uninstall all the malicious programs that are running on the device.
- Following that, you can use the software to get rid of the malicious browser policies from Windows as well.
- Once everything is done and cleared, reset all the browser settings.
This is a brief overview of the overall process, so we’d recommend you follow the in-depth steps to get a better understanding of the steps involved.
How to remove counter.wmail-service.com
We have given you a brief overview of the steps you can follow to eliminate counter.wmail-service.com from your device.
So, let us get into it in detail.
Since Rkill is the program you need to terminate the malware processes, you must start by downloading the software and then installing it on your device to launch the software after that.
Uninstall the malicious program
In the next step, you have to use the Rkill software to kill the malicious trojan programs from the computer.
- Start by pressing Windows + I to launch the Settings app
- In Settings, click Apps and then Apps and features
- In the list of the programs, you have to find the malicious programs and uninstall them.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the programs.
- Besides removing the malicious programs from the system, you have to get rid of them from Windows and the browser as well.
- Sometimes, you might find malicious scheduled tasks in the system as well, which you have to get rid of without any issues.
- Check the AppData\Roaming folder and delete the malicious programs from there too. Do the same for the local folder too.
Lastly, you have to go around and reset your browser settings to the default and then restart the device to ensure that the features are implemented accordingly. The steps are pretty simple, so you need to follow them accordingly.
Because counter.wmail-service.com is a trojan virus, one must implement relevant steps to fix the issues accordingly. The only thing you have to prioritize is taking proactive steps to eliminate the virus as soon as possible before they take over your system and end up taking over the system altogether.