Thousands of different applications are available which you can install on your personal computer. The applications can be kept up to date very easily. Also if you no longer need an application you can always uninstall it and this is what this guide is all about. Today I am going to discuss the Right Way to uninstall apps from your PC.
Uninstalling Applications from a Mac Book:
The following are the actions you need to take to uninstall unwanted applications on a Mac computer.
- On a Mac, it is quite easy to uninstall an application as most applications are self-contained.
- You can just drag the application and drop into Trash. This will delete the application.
- You can also right-click on the application by selecting it from the ‘Applications’ option in the sidebar of the ‘Finder’ window and choosing the option ‘Move to Trash’.
- Thereafter you can just right click on the ‘Trash’ and select the option ‘Empty Trash.’
However, this process will leave the preferences which you set for the application behind which is a good thing. If you ever needed that application again it will automatically pick up your last set preferences. You won’t be required to set all the app preferences all over again. Click Here to you will show the best computer repair near in your house, Office etc.
If you want to delete the preferences file as well then you will be requiring a third-party app that can do it for you. Post downloading such an application(there are many great cleaning apps for Mac) just find an uninstalling tool and proceed as the app will tell you what to do.Just check the applications which you want to remove.
Uninstalling Applications from a Windows PC/ Computer:
Here is what you need to do to delete an app if you have a Windows-based computer.
- For uninstalling an application from Windows 10 first you need to go to ‘Settings’ in the Start Menu.
- Thereafter from Settings click on ‘System’ and navigate to ‘Apps and Features’ from the left pane.
- You will see a complete list of all installed applications on the right.
- Just select the application which you wish to uninstall and you will see a gray coloured ‘Uninstall’ button below it.
- That’ it! Just click on the gray coloured button and the selected application will get uninstalled.
- If you find that you can’t click on the ‘Uninstall’ button then the application which you have selected is a system application and you cannot remove it.
What to do in Windows 7?
- For Windows 7 you are required to go to ‘Control Panel’ from the start menu.
- From the control panel; under Programs; select ‘Uninstall a program.’
- A list of entire installed programs will come. Just select the program you wish to uninstall.
- On the top ‘Uninstall’ button will get active. Hit that button and give your confirmation to uninstall the application by clicking on ‘Yes’ from the pop-up menu that appears.
- That’s it! Windows will uninstall the selected application now.
That’s it! Using these guides, you can easily uninstall any application from your computer!