A permanent Account Number, popularly known as a PAN card, is an important document issued by the Indian IT department to identify the taxpayers. It is a 10-digit code issued to all the taxpayers in the country and enables them to carry on transactions smoothly.
The advent of technology has made everything easy and the PAN card is no exception. Long gone are the days when obtaining this document used to be a time-consuming and arduous task as now is the time when taxpayers can easily apply for the same in a matter of seconds.
Looking forward to applying for an e-PAN card online but are unsure about how to begin? Well, then you have landed at the rightmost place. To cut through the clutter, our experts have outlined the detailed step-by-step process to obtain the PAN card without stepping out of your home.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and get your application procedure done with a swipe of your fingertips.
A Quick Introduction to the ePAN Card & its Benefits
Before you take a deep dive into the ePAN card application process, let’s first understand what an ePAN card actually is and why this document is considered to be so important. An ePAN card is a kind of initiative taken by the Indian IT department to facilitate taxpayers all across the country.
As the number of taxpayers has increased to a great extent; that’s why the department has made things online so that they can easily keep a track of the applicants and allot them the unique alphanumeric code easily.
The best thing about the ePAN card is that the facility is currently available free of cost. However, it might be available for a short period of time; hence, the applicants are suggested to make the best out of the same.
Benefits of an ePAN Card
- It is a time-saving and hassle-free process.
- It enables taxpayers to carry out various transactions and also helps the income tax department to track down the same.
- PAN cards help taxpayers to ensure that taxes are paid correctly.
What are the eligibility requirements for applying for an ePAN card?
Don’t make your decision in the hustle and check whether you are eligible for an e-PAN card or not to avoid further hassle.
- You must be an Indian resident and not already hold a PAN card.
- Active Mobile Number linked with your Aadhaar Card is required.
- You must have an updated Aadhaar card.
- The applicant must be a taxpayer.
A Complete Guide to Applying For ePAN Card
Here’s mentioned a step-by-step process to apply for an ePAN card. Carry out the process carefully and do not miss out on the single step to avoid any troubles later on.
- First of all, launch the web browser of your system and navigate to the PAN online portal.
- A homepage will appear on the screen where the applicant has to select between two options – Both Physical PAN and ePAN card and ePAN card only, depending on their preferences.
- Once you have made your choice, enter all the necessary information as added to your Aadhar card. Do not put any incorrect detail; otherwise, it will create problems later on.
- As soon as you enter the Aadhaar card number, it will be verified by UTIITSL instantly.
- Next, enter your Enrollment ID and name (as per your Aadhaar Card).
- Click Yes on the Indian Citizen box and move to the next step.
- The process will get initiated automatically, once you add the details. However, the applicant must sign on a blank paper and submit it online to complete the application form.
- Once the submission is over, you will get an acknowledgment number on the registered email and phone number. Keep that number safe until you receive the ePAN card.
That’s all about it. Applying for an ePAN card is simple and hassle-free. All you have to do is follow the instructions mentioned above and get it done with ease. For more such guides, stay tuned!!