Ever since the Mi marker has started growing around the world, the Chinese electronics company has started to provide the best feature phone at the affordable rate. After the biggest sale of Xiaomi Redmi series, the company has launched another series phone- Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
The Pocophone word derived from the Spanish word “Pocophone” means little phone. We all know that the company has started from the small and now reaching the sky. I guess Pocophone F1 will be the biggest rival of OnePlus 6, Asus ZenFone 5Z, or Honor 10 as it has a lot of similar features at the most affordable price.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Design
Well, we cannot compare its design with the Note 9, but it has a very charming look from the polycarbonate back of the device which is available in Graphite Black, Steel Blue, and Rosso Red. The finish of the dark grey version looks like metal quite well. The plastic back should fare better when dropped, even if it will scratch and wear faster than glass.
The “Armored Edition” with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage comes with a back made of Kevlar fabric. Every Pocophone F1 variant comes with a thin aluminum frame. You will found power and volume buttons on the right side of the phone. There is also an accurate fingerprint sensor at the back of the phone.
There is also an amazing notch at the top which is out of the box because of the thick bezels at the top and bottom. It looks very cool when the rounded corners show the bezel. Compare to OnePlus 9, and it has 0.3 smaller screens while the size and weight are the same. As it has the plastic back on the back, you don’t need to worry about the slippery.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Display
When we talk about the display of Xiaomi Pocophone F1, you will get fully impressed with a 5.99-inch IPS LCD, featuring a resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels (18:9). The OLED will give you the best contrast rates and viewing angles. Well, there isn’t always-on display feature, but you can double tap to wake the screen up. Sometimes, the full brightness makes the text look little smudgy.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Specs
- Body: Plastic frame, Kevlar or Plastic back, Gorilla Glass front
- Display: 6.18″ IPS LCD, 2,246×1,080px resolution, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi.
- Rear camera: Primary 12MP, Type 1/2.55″ sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, dual pixel PDAF; Secondary 5MP – serving as depth sensor. 2160p/30fps, 1080p/240fps slow motion.
- Front camera: 20MP, 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo; MIUI 9.5 for Poco custom overlay, MIUI 10 on the way.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of RAM; 64/128/256GB storage; (hybrid) microSD slot.
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po; QuickCharge 3.0 fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader; stereo speakers; infrared face recognition; 3.5mm jack.
- Fingerprint sensor at the back is accurate and fast.
- infrared-based face unlocks sensor which is fast and secure.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Camera
The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 integrated with 12MP rear and a 20MP front camera which can help to take some amazing shots in good lighting outdoors. There is also a portrait mode with amazing edge detection which will help you to take brilliant DSLR like pictures from the phone. The 20MP front camera uses Xiaomi’s pixel binning technology to combine data from four individual pixels.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 performance
The speed matter a lot when you buy a new device. So, Xiaomi has made the device with fast and very smooth performance with the Snapdragon 845. Hence, you can play PUBG and Fortnite like high graphics games without any lag issue. In AnTuTu, the model with 6GB of RAM hit scores in the 240,000 to 260,000 range, which is on par with or above many 2018 flagships.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Software
With the latest MIUI 9.6, it comes with Android 8.1 Oreo update, but you will love the use the Poco Launcher over Android. Poco Launcher is amazing it looks like stock Android similar to the OxygenOS. There have been many new features added in the Poco Launcher. The great thing if you buy Xiaomi Pocophone F1, you will get the Android Pie update before this Christmas.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Price Comparison
As Xiaomi always offers budget phones with high-end features, so they have made the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with the amazing feature but low in price. The device will cost $300$ for the 6GB/64GB model, $345 for the 6GB/128GB model$415 for the 8GB/256GB model, and $430 for the 8GB/256GB model with Kevlar back. Let’s compare with other devices like OnePlus 6’s 6GB RAM and 64GB storage – Starting $500, Honor 10’s 6GB and 128GB storage starts from $470, Asus ZenFone 5Z’s 6GB RAM and 64GB storage starts from $430 and Honor Play’s 4GB RAM and 64GB storage starts from $285.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Honest Review Drawbacks
- Camera lacks OIS
- No waterproofing
- Mediocre low-light photos due to lack of OIS
- No EIS for the 4K videos
- No NFC
- Gorilla Glass Protection 3 older generation.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Pocophone F1
The Pocophone F1 comes packed within a sweet black/yellow box. Inside you’ll find an 18W QC3.0-compatible fast charger and a USB Type-C white cable. There is also a transparent silicone case inside the yellow paper compartment.
If you are really looking for the best budget-friendly smartphone with the better performance and great features, then Xiaomi Pocophone F1 fits your choice. You can choose it over the OnePlus 6 and the Honor 10. So, are you really impressed with Poco F1 model? What are your thoughts? Just comment below!