Are you tired of ads interrupting your YouTube experience? You’re not alone. There are sureshot methods to remove ads from YouTube for free, including using the Brave browser, adding a period to the domain name, using YouTube Premium alternatives, changing DNS settings, using ad-blocking extensions or apps, and supporting content creators.
YouTube is a popular platform for watching videos, but the ads that pop up during your favorite content can be frustrating. Luckily, there are ways to remove ads from YouTube for free. In this article, we will discuss several effective methods that can enhance your YouTube experience.
One of the simplest and most effective ways to block YouTube ads is by using the Brave browser. Brave is a free, open-source web browser that prioritizes user privacy and security. By default, it blocks certain advertisements and website trackers, providing a smoother browsing experience. To block ads on YouTube with Brave, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Brave browser from the official website.
- Launch Brave and navigate to the YouTube website.
- Locate the Brave shield icon in the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Click on the shield icon to reveal the Brave shield settings.
- Toggle the “Shields Up” option to enable Brave’s ad-blocking feature.
Add a Period to the Domain Name
Another simple trick to bypass YouTube ads is by adding an extra period to the website’s domain name. This method takes advantage of a common oversight where websites forget to normalize the hostname. Instead of visiting ‘youtube.com/reallycoolvideo’, try visiting ‘youtube.com./reallycoolvideo’. This small tweak can sometimes help in avoiding ads while watching YouTube videos.
Here’s how you can add a period to the domain name:
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Type ‘youtube.com’ followed by a forward slash (/) and the video or channel name you want to access.
- Add a period (.) immediately after the “.com” in the URL.
- Press Enter or click the Go button to load the page with the modified domain.
YouTube Premium Alternatives
If you prefer an ad-free experience without any workarounds, there are several third-party apps available as alternatives to YouTube Premium. These apps offer features like ad-blocking, background playback, picture-in-picture mode, and video downloading. Here are a few popular YouTube Premium alternatives:
- NewPipe: NewPipe is an open-source app that allows you to browse and watch YouTube videos without ads. It also offers features like background playback and video downloading.
- SkyTube: SkyTube is another alternative YouTube client that provides an ad-free experience. It focuses on simplicity and offers features like ad-blocking, video downloading, and the ability to play videos in the background.
- LibreTube: LibreTube is a privacy-focused YouTube client that aims to provide a clean and ad-free YouTube experience. It offers features like ad-blocking, background playback, and the ability to customize the app’s appearance.
Change DNS Settings
Changing your DNS (Domain Name System) server settings can also help block YouTube ads. DNS servers are responsible for translating domain names into IP addresses. By using specific DNS servers that have ad-blocking capabilities, you can prevent ads from appearing on YouTube. Although the exact instructions may vary depending on your device and operating system, here’s a general guide to changing DNS settings:
- Open the network settings on your device.
- Locate the DNS server settings.
- Replace the default DNS server addresses with alternative DNS server addresses that support ad-blocking.
- Save the changes and restart your device if necessary.
You can find tutorials and guides online that provide specific instructions for different devices and operating systems.
Ad-blocking Extensions or Apps
Another effective way to remove ads from YouTube is by using ad-blocking extensions or apps. These tools work by preventing advertisements from being displayed while you browse YouTube. Here are a few popular ad-blocking extensions and apps for YouTube:
- Adblock for YouTube: Adblock for YouTube is a browser extension available for various web browsers. It blocks YouTube ads, including video ads, banner ads, and pop-up ads. Simply install the extension on your preferred browser, and it will start blocking ads on YouTube.
- Adblocker for YouTube: Adblocker for YouTube is another browser extension that specifically targets YouTube ads. It removes video ads, banner ads, and other types of advertisements on YouTube. Install the extension on your browser, and it will automatically block ads while you watch YouTube videos.
- Ad-blocking apps for mobile devices: If you primarily watch YouTube videos on your mobile device, you can use ad-blocking apps that block ads across multiple apps and websites. Some popular ad-blocking apps for mobile devices include NordVPN Threat Protection, Total Adblock, and Proton VPN NetShield. These apps can block ads on YouTube as well as other websites, providing an ad-free browsing experience.
Support Content Creators
While it’s great to enjoy an ad-free YouTube experience, it’s important to consider the impact on content creators who rely on ads for their income. If you want to support your favorite creators, you can consider the following methods:
YouTube Premium is a subscription service that provides an ad-free experience on YouTube. By subscribing to YouTube Premium, you support content creators indirectly as a portion of the subscription fee goes to creators based on their watch time and engagement.
Many content creators have Patreon accounts where fans can support them directly by becoming patrons. Patreon allows you to make monthly contributions to your favorite creators in exchange for exclusive content or perks.
Merchandise and Donations
Another way to support content creators is by purchasing their merchandise or making donations through platforms like PayPal or Ko-fi. These direct contributions can help creators generate income even without relying solely on ad revenue.
There are several ways to remove ads from YouTube for free. Whether you choose to use the Brave browser, add a period to the domain name, explore YouTube Premium alternatives, change DNS settings, or install ad-blocking extensions or apps, you can enjoy a more seamless and uninterrupted YouTube experience. However, it’s essential to remember that these methods may impact content creators’ revenue. Consider supporting creators through legal means if you want to help them continue creating the content you love.