With cyber threats continue to rise, users are drawn toward secure operating systems to keep unauthorized access at bay. That’s where Kali NetHunter comes into effect. It is the first Android penetration testing framework, allowing users to work easily even with complicated configurations.
Since it is an open-source framework, a majority of users enjoy the hands-on experience without getting worried about infringing copyright laws. But what exactly is Kali NetHunter, and how can you download it on your Android smartphone?
If you are struggling with these questions and need help figuring out answers? Then, continue scrolling the page and find a complete guide entailing all essential aspects regarding the concept. So, shall we start?
Kali NetHunter – What’s the hype all about?
Before we move on the journey toward downloading the Kali NetHunter APK, let’s take a quick overview of this open-source framework to see what’s the hype all about.
As already suggested, it is an Android framework that grants access to the Kali Linux toolkit to run on compatible devices. It is launched for penetration testing and lets you work with complex files through a local web interface.
Besides, this framework comprises modified kernels that handle 802.11 wireless injections and securely pre-configured VPN service. It also features a separate dropbox with Kali Linux at your disposal.
Kali NetHunter is broadly categorized into three different versions.
- NetHunter Rootless: It is the core application available for all devices.
- NetHunter Lite: It is an advanced package for rooted smartphones.
- NetHunter: It is a complete framework with modified kernels for specific Android devices.
This framework can be easily accessed through the dedicated client app or the local web interface. Beyond penetration testing, this tool also allows for identifying BadUSB attacks, ID keyboard attacks, and Evil AP MANA attacks. It can be installed on almost every Android device, either rootless or rooted.
Kali NetHunter APK Download Guide
Are you all set to download the Kali NetHunter APK on your Android smartphones? Follow the instructions below and get the APK file on your device in a few taps. Remember that since the APK is not the official version of the file, you should take some caution beforehand. Download the ad blocker and anti-virus program to safeguard your device from malicious activities.
Without further ado, let’s begin the process.
- Launch a modern web browser, like Chrome or Firefox. Make sure the browser is updated to its latest version to showcase the best results.
- Enter the Kali NetHunter APK in the search engine box and initiate a search for reliable third-party websites.
- Pick the right website to download the APK file, and tap on the Download link.
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Go to the File Manager and find the Kali NetHunter APK file to install. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Post Installation Setup
Once you are done with installing the Kali NetHunter app, it’s time to follow the post-installation setup to enjoy a seamless experience. Execute the steps carefully, and do not skip any of the instructions.
- Open the Kali NetHunter app and start the Kali Chroot manager.
- Now, install the hacker keyboard from the KetHunter store.
- Also, get all others from the Kali NetHunter store app as required.
- Configure Kali services and set up custom commands.
- Initialize the Exploit database, and it’s done.
Is there any disadvantage of using the Kali NetHunter?
Everything comes with both good and bad sides, and Kali NetHunter is no exception. While this framework is effective for penetration testing and speeds up the release timelines, it features some drawbacks which you should be aware of beforehand.
Here’s a quick rundown of the cons associated with the Kali NetHunter.
- An additional WiFi adapter may be required to monitor the mode or data packet injection.
- Not every Android device supports this framework. Hence, you should be cautious while downloading and running it. Remember that the wrong Kali NetHunter may damage your device as well.
That’s it, folks. Kali NetHunter is a fully-featured framework for Android penetration testing. While it is a part of Kali Linux that caters to ethical hackers, most professionals in this line are embracing this framework with open arms. Make sure your Android is compatible with the framework and follow the steps above to get it on your smartphone.