Sling TV is a widely-acknowledged streaming TV service in the United States, operated by Sling TV LLC. Once used to be a hidden gem, Sling TV has now been rapidly expanding to become the number one live TV streaming service.
However, like all other streaming options, it’s not immune to glitches and errors. The problem with Sling freezing on Amazon Fire Stick has recently garnered attention among users worldwide. Since a majority of users have complained about encountering trouble when streaming Sling TV on Fire Stick, this topic has now become a matter of discussion across all communities.
Hence, our team of experts has analyzed the problem from the deep within and come up with some effective solutions to root out the error until the end of the time. Let’s have a closer look.
What causes the “Sling TV Not Working on Fire Stick” error?
Below are mentioned the 5 common causes leading to the Sling TV Not Working on Fire Stick error. Check them out and try to avoid them as much as possible to prevent this error message from occurring again in the future.
- Slow Internet: Sling TV is an internet-based streaming service that requires a strong and stable internet connection. However, if your device is connected to a slow or weak internet source, it could be the cause of Sling TV not loading on Fire Stick.
- Broken or outdated app: Sometimes, the error appears due to the outdated version or broken application. The lack of developer support may cause Sling TV to stop working on Amazon Fire Stick.
- Temporary device Failure: Yet another reason triggering the Sling TV not working on Fire Stick error is a temporary device failure. While this condition is not that common, it can cause Sling TV to stop working properly.
- Free VPN: While VPN is a good choice for users to stream Sling TV beyond geographic locations, a free VPN can sometimes create trouble owing to its limitations and lack of features. Hence, it’s always advisable to opt for a premium and high-quality VPN service to enjoy a seamless streaming experience.
- Server-side error: Last but not least, the error may appear if there’s an issue with the Sling server. It might be possible the Sling server is down for maintenance or facing any developer glitch. In that case, users can only wait until the problem resolves at the server end.
Fix the “Sling TV not working on Fire Stick” error Now
Wondering how you fix the Sling TV not working on the Amazon Fire Stick error? Keep scrolling and try the tips listed below to bid farewell to the error for eternity.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
Before you dip your toes into complex solutions, it’s good to start with the basics. If the Sling TV continues to load or buffer, check your internet connection, especially if you are using WiFi.
Remember that if your streaming speed is less than 1.0Mbps, consider switching the internet source to resolve the internet issue. If you have a dual-band router, you should change WiFi channels from the router’s settings to resolve the error.
- Restart your Sling TV and Fire Stick
The next easiest solution to fix the Sling TV not working on Amazon Fire Stick error is to restart your Sling TV app. Restart is the most basic and easiest tip that helps resolve the technical glitch, if any.
In addition to Sling TV, you must power cycle your Fire Stick. This action will refresh the device and usually fix such issues. To restart your Amazon Fire Stick, you simply unplug its power adaptor from the wall socket and leave it unplugged for a minute. Plug it back and turn on the device.
Alternatively, you can also restart it from the Fire TV stick menu or use the Fire Stick remote to get the job done.
- Clear the Sling’s cache memory
Yet another effective solution to resolve the Sling TV not working on Fire Stick error is to clear the Sling’s Cache memory. And this solution must be tried if your Fire TV stick gets a blank screen when you try to open the Sling TV app.
- Go to Settings and select Applications.
- Select “Manage Installed Applications” and scroll down to the Sling TV.
- Tap on the Clear Cache, and clear the data. Launch the Sling TV again on Fire Stick, and see if it resolves the error.
- Check the Sling TV servers
If none of the above tricks work, it might be possible that the error is happening on the server side. Hence, checking the sling server outage is good to avoid investing in further effort and energy.
Sling servers might be down for maintenance or an upgrade, which is why you cannot access the service.
There you have it, folks. All these aforementioned solutions are tried-and-tested; hence, you can bank upon them when facing the Sling TV not working on Amazon Fire Stick error. However, if the above troubleshooting tips fail to fix the problem, don’t lose your calm and contact the Sling TV official support services to report the issue.